The book out now!
Political Economy and the Promise of Participatory Media
Juha Suoranta & Tere Vadén
University of Tampere, Finland
In the digital world of learning there is a progressive transformation from the institutionalized and individualized forms of learning to open learning and collaboration. The book provides a critical view on the use of new technologies and learning practices in furthering socially just futures, while at the same time paying critical attention to the constants, or “unmoved movers” of the information society development; the West and Capitalism. The essential issue in the Wikiworld is one of freedom – levels and kinds of freedom. Our message is clear: we write for the radical openness of education for all.
1. A Critical Paradigm of Education
2. Digital Literacy and Political Economy
3. Radical Monopolies: Schools, Computer Softwares and Social Media
4. The World Divided in Two
5. Edutopias and the Promise of Active Citizenship
6. From Social Media to Socialist Media